While riding on Drummond Island... it is illegal to:
- Operate an ORV on any wet lands, to include lakes, shorelines, swamps, bogs, marshes (wet or dry), streams or rivers, or ride on Great Lakes shoreline or beaches.
- Operate an ORV off the marked trail. (Consult the DNR ORV handbook for further information)
- Operate an ORV on private property, posted or not posted, unless you have permission from the land owner.
- Operate an ORV on any State Highway including M-134.
All Drummond Township and Chippewa County roads are open to ORV traffic.
- Operate an ORV under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Operate an ORV without a helmet.
- Operate an ORV with a passenger on a one up machine.
- Operate an ORV on a closed snowmobile trail or ski trail.
- ORV Speed limits are 25 mph on all county roads unless posted lower.
- You must ride single file on the far right side of the road.